The Barnegat Historical Society Presents:
QUILTS ALONG THE BAY
Barnegat Community Center – 900 West Bay Avenue, Barnegat, NJ 08005
September 15th and 16th, 2012 (FORMS WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY)
These forms may automatically download, visit your My Documents\Downloads directory to open them.
See form instructions at the bottom of this page
The Barnegat Historical Society is pleased to announce our annual “Quilts Along the Bay” show. This year’s show will take place on Saturday, September 17th and Sunday, September 18th, 2011 at the Barnegat Community Center on West Bay Avenue in Barnegat, NJ. We are hoping for your participation to make this a successful event.
I am also pleased to announce this year’s challenge category. This year, quilters are being challenged to create a quilt to donate to an organization called “Quilts of Valor”. This organization donates quilts to veterans and servicemen and women. We are fortunate to have a local connection so that the quilts donated will stay in New Jersey. PLEASE TAKE NOTE that all quilts entered in this category will be donated to this worthy cause. If you do not wish to donate your quilt, please enter it in another appropriate category.
Enclosed are the rules, registration forms and important information about the show. Please feel free to copy the forms if needed and share them with other quilters who might be interested. All necessary forms are also available on our website www.barnegathistoricalsociety.com . Requirements for Quilts of Valor can be found on their website www.qovf.org. We are looking for to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. If you have any questions or would like to offer your assistance, please feel free to contact me at (609) 698-3323 or by e-mail at JameyOT “at” aol.com. Thank you in advance for you interest.
Sincerely, Jamey Stafko, Barnegat Historical Society
Rules of Entry:
1. Quilts previously entered in the Quilts Along the Bay show are not eligible.
2. Quilts must be clean, undamaged and odor free. A 4” sleeve should be attached to the top, back of the quilt. All entries need a label with your name, address and phone number on the lower right corner of the quilt back. For judging purposes, this label will need to have your muslin claim number pinned or basted over it. This number will be mailed to you as soon as your application is received.
3. All items are judged unless entered as “display only”. Ribbons are awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention, and special recognition in each category if warranted. Many of the categories are divided into techniques and ribbons will be awarded for each technique within the category. Special awards include, Judge’s Choice, Best of Show, and Viewer’s Choice.
4. Quilts will be judged in the category entered (category may be changed at the Judge’s discretion). Be sure to read the category descriptions carefully when deciding.
5. Upon receipt of your application, you will be mailed a claim form. You MUST present this form to pick up your quilt. Quilts cannot be removed from the show prior to its close on Sunday. Instructions for claiming your quilt will be mailed with the claim form. Please read them carefully and give us your full cooperation.
6. There is a $5.00 registration fee per item entered in the show. Please make checks payable to Barnegat Historical Society and send them with a completed registration form and SASE to:
Jamey Stofko, Quilt Show Chair, 373 North Main Street, Barnegat, NJ 08005
ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY AUGUST 15th TO BE LISTED IN THE PROGRAM BOOK
Registration ends on August 8th in order to give us time to list the entries correctly in the program book and plan for judging. PLEASE NOTE registration and delivery dates are not the same.
Quilts may be dropped off during the week of August 15th – 21nd. Please call me at (609) 698-3323 to arrange delivery to make sure that someone is there to receive your quilt.
Quilts may be shipped to: Jamey Stofko, 373 North Main Street, Barnegat, NJ 08005
BED QUILT (machine quilted) –twin to king sized bed cover
BED QUILT (hand quilted) – twin to king sized bed cover, hand quilted
CRIB/CHILD QUILT – Intended for a baby’s or child’s use
LAP QUILT – Intended for use as a lap quilt rather than for display only
LARGE WALLHANGING (machine quilted) – 41” or larger on each side
LARGE WALLHANGING (hand quilted) – 41” or larger, hand quilting
SMALL WALLHANGING (machine quilted) – 40” or less on each side
SMALL WALLHANGING (hand quilted) – 40” or less on each side
INNOVATIVE –An original and/or innovative design or technique
MINIATURE – Blocks of 6” or less, in scale with the overall design
CLOTHING – Clothing items must be quilted
MISCELLANEOUS – Other quilted items (tree skirts, pillows, etc.)
JUNIOR – Individual or group quilters under 18 years old
OTHER – Techniques such as embellishments or fabric painting
CHALLENGE – Quilts made under the rules for the “Challenge Quilt”
ANTIQUE – antique or vintage quilts for display only
After you click each link you will be taken to a downloadable PDF version of the form where you can either Save or Print it.
To Save the form to your computer click the little Floppy Disk icon at the top left side of the form window. In the new window, choose a location you can easily find such as your Desktop or My Documents folder, then click the Save button at the bottom right. You can now open the form and print it.
To Print the form without Saving it, click the little Printer icon at the top left side of the form window. Choose your printer, then click OK at the bottom right side of the Print window.